A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Tuesday 29 April 2014

VERDE & COMPANY LTD - SPITAFIELDS CAFÉ

ON the weekend I took a trip back to London to see a wonderful friend. It was only a fleeting visit so all I managed to see was Hoxton in the dark and a beautiful little café on Brushfield St near Spitafields Market called VERDE & COMPANY LTD.
mmm. Chocolate.
Bizarrely this café looks much larger on the outside than it is on the inside, but it is all the more cosy for it! When you enter you're faced with walls of homemade jam, Italian sauces and pasta, a large selection of pastries and boxes of Belgian Pierre Marcolini chocolates
Here's the impressive jam jar wall
And here's the Italian wall.
Thank goodness the bag I had with me was small otherwise I may have bought the lot.

On the menu is a host of breakfasts [go for the Verde breakfast] and lunchtime pick-me-ups including the delicious-sounding Breasola with sun-blush tomatoes, fresh tomato & leaves £5.95 and a selection of freshly-made quiches £3.50. I opted for the stomach-lining [Friday and Saturday drinks..] Goats cheese with grilled aubergine Sandwich on brown bread £4.65 which was big enough for someone who'd woken up after breakfast-time with a hunger and tasty enough for even the harshest critic. Sadly I didn't take a photo of the sandwich, but someone else has taken a photo of the chocolates:
One thing that also struck me was how passionate, friendly and helpful the gentleman who appeared to be the waiter was. So next time you're early for a train or you fancy something to eat before a bout of Summer-related afternoon drinking down Brick Lane, pay a visit to VERDE & COMPANY LTD and - basically- enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment