A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 19 May 2014

HENS AND COWS

THIS weekend saw the weather miraculously change into what can only be described as what I imagine the British weather in Heaven to be like. As a result I managed to get outside a bit and do a few things:

ONE] Attend a Hen Night at Moxhull Hall: For my first ever Hen Night [at least in the UK] I was invited to Moxhull
         Hall in Wishaw, Sutton Coldfield. The first thing to say about this hotel is that the grounds are beautiful.
I could have taken a much better photo of the actual grounds and the
grass piano but I was too busy doing Hen Night things.
            The features and general style of this Victorian mansion have definitely been preserved, with stone
         windows, wooden panelling and original-looking tiling present throughout.
         Each guest had their own name card and was greeted with a lovely little goody bag filled with treats:
Satisfying my sugar needs on every level
        After this came a fresh and filling three-course dinner ranging from Mozarella to Paté, Belly Pork to Sea
        Bass and Eton Mess [complete with an upside-down ice cream cone] to a Chocolate and (spot the)
        Blueberry Brownie with an oozy hot chocolate sauce. And then this happened:

       Thank you Maria for a wonderful night and BEST OF LUCK with the final planning stages! See you at the
       wedding!

TWO] I went to Sutton Park: This is something I like to do a lot in my old age, not least because I literally live
          opposite the place [I hear the ducks quacking more than I hear traffic]. This weekend wasn't much
          different, except for the fact that:
We were followed by cows.

I mean, at first we just bumped into them,

but then they followed us.

They stopped to scratch themselves, yes,

but they definitely followed us.

This scene was beautiful, but we couldn't stay there longer than
two minutes on account of the overpowering smell of
fresh cow shit.

So we opted for a grassy bank where we stayed for a while, 
dozing off in the sun.

And then [I'm not even joking] the cows returned.

        Having said that, they were probably the friendliest cows i've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Also I urge
      you all to have a wander through Sutton Park at some point whilst we still have the sun in our reach. Not
      only is it the biggest Urban Park in Europe, it's quieter than any park you'll ever go to [esp if you live in
      London] and there's an abundance of wonderful little doggies running round enjoying life.

THREE] I bought a guitar: I felt it was time, plus it was my birthday last weekend:
Hey there beautiful Tanglewood
                 I bought this from Fairdeal Music which is pretty much opposite the Sunflower Lounge in town. They sell
             all sorts of things from pedals to Mandolins and are very very helpful to boot. I'll be trying my new friend
            out on Saturday 31st May at Talk Bar for Elicit, tickets for which can be found HERE. Stage time to
            follow!

Please by Sunscreen.

love














No comments:

Post a Comment