A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 5 May 2014

THE REAL FOOD MARKET + STREETS OF SPAIN: SOUTHBANK CENTRE

THIS weekend saw us back in London visiting family. Thankfully the weather realised and put on a great display which resulted in one slightly tanned nose and the whole of the city 'hanging out' in the same place: the Real Food Market which is held every Friday to Sunday at the Southbank Centre until December. 
Source: Real Food Market website
Bizarrely I didn't take a single photo, but that may have something to do with the fact that I could barely see my feet due to the sheer volume of people [not due to the amount of food I ate]; I have however stolen a photo from someone I was with:
Thanks Iain Fenton!
These brownies were from the Outsider Tart stall, the shop for which is described as an 'authentic American bake shop' with the two owners heralding from New York. All I can say is that they tasted like the best brownie i'd ever tasted had spent the weekend in heaven and come back topped with smarties as a memento. Heard enough? Their address is 83 Chiswick High Road and they're open EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. They're also always as the food festival so pick the one that's nearest and go! P.S I opted for a falafel wrap topped with Harissa, obviously.
Here's Jo and I giving it a thumbs up because that's what it deserves.
Rond the corner was also Streets of Spain, an entire stretch of Spanish food and drink stalls with offerings from paella to queso Manchego and plenty of places to buy as much Sangria as you could hold. I managed not to take any photos of this either [it's like I was never there] but here's a photo that someone else took of a couple of incredibly large paella dishes that I can confirm were at the market:
Unless you're round the corner and you've read this, you'll probably miss it because today is the last day it is on, HOWEVER it is open until 10pm so technically you still have a lot of time..

Some other things that happened this weekend include:
ONE] The devouring of the two largest Lindt bunnies I have ever seen. I wish I had something else in this picture           to act as a scale setter.
TWO] Trees were climbed in a lovely garden so that CDs could be put up to scare away shitting pigeons:
THREE] I saw a photo of my boyfriend trying on an exceptional suit for a family wedding that we're going to in
             July and my expression was something similar to this: 

I hope you're all enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend.
Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment